Paying Your Council House Rent
What should I do if I miss a week's payment or I am struggling to meet my weekly payments?
It is very important that our Housing Rent Team know as soon as possible if you are due to miss a payment. Please ring 01536 410333 and speak to a member of our Customer Response Team or call into the Council's Customer Services to advise them. The officer will be able to record your contact and reasons why you are unable to pay and will also advise you of your options in order for you to catch up with your payments.
If you are having further financial difficulties you can contact your Rent Officer who will be able to give you advice or can refer you onto the right independent voluntary agency who can give you appropriate independent financial advice.
Last updated 20/08/2010
Pages in Paying Your Council House Rent
- 1. Payments
- 2. Direct Debit
- 3. Paying via PayPoint
- 4. Post Office
- 5. By telephone using a credit or debit card
- 6. Online payments
- 7. By Post
- 8. Standing Order
- 9. Through your wages
- 10. What happens if my rent card is lost or damaged?
- 11. How do I find out how much rent I owe?
- 12. You are here: What should I do if I miss a week's payment or I am struggling to meet my weekly payments?
- 13. What can I do if I have rent arrears?
- 14. How do I know how much rent I need to pay?
- 15. Can I get independent assistance if I go into arrears?
- 16. Service and other charges
- 17. When are the 'no collection' weeks?
- 18. Rent Setting