The council welcomes petitions and recognises that petitions are one way in which people can let us know their concerns. All petitions sent or presented to the council will receive an acknowledgement from the council within 10 working days of receipt.
This acknowledgement will set out what we plan to do with the petition. We will treat something as a petition if it is identified as being a petition, or if it seems to us that it is intended to be a petition.
Paper petitions can be sent to:Democratic Services
Kettering Borough Council
Bowling Green Road
Petitions can also be presented to a meeting of the council. These meetings take place on a regular basis, dates and times can be found here www.Kettering.gov.uk/meetingschedule. If you would like to present your petition to the council, or would like your councillor or someone else to present it on your behalf, please contact Anne Ireson on 01536 534398 at least 10 working days before the meeting and they will talk you through the process. If your petition has received 2500 signatures or more it will also be scheduled for a council debate and if this is the case we will let you know whether this will happen at the same meeting or a later meeting of the council.
Pages in Petition Scheme
- 1. You are here: Petition Scheme
- 2. What are the guidelines for submitting a petition?
- 3. What will the council do when it receives my petition?
- 4. How will the council respond to petitions?
- 5. Full Council debates
- 6. Officer evidence
- 7. E-petitions
- 8. What can I do if I feel my petition has not been dealt with properly
- 9. Petition Received - Desborough Community Development Trust and Desborough Town Council "Save the Hawthorns"
- 10. Petition Received - Town Centre Traders "Against Proposed Increases to Kettering Borough Council Car Parking Charges"