Local Land Charges
What does the Local Authority Search include?
Full Local Authority searches are carried out in two parts: LLC1 (Local Land Charges Register) and CON29 (Enquiries of Local Authority)
LLC1: This is a search of the Local Land Charges Register maintained by the Unit which deals with registerable charges, for example - Improvement / Renovation Grants, Tree Preservation Orders, Sites of Special Scientific Interest, Listed Buildings etc.
CON 29: This is a standard form agreed by the Law Society and the Local Government Association which requires input by other Departments within the Authority. The information disclosed on the CON29 includes highways, drainage, planning, and environmental health matters.
CON29O - Optional enquiries of local authority
The optional enquiries can be requested on a per question basis and cover items such as Road proposals by private bodies, public paths or byways, advertisements and Common Land, Town and Village Greens.
As well as examining 65 individual questions that may affect a property, Full Local Authority Searches contain:
- A clear plan of the search site
- All questions fully answered
- Inclusion of an official search certificate
- Inclusion of applicable Local Land Charge Register Cards
- Insurance cover that lasts
- A REFRESHER SEARCH
A refresher search is now included with every full local authority search completed by Kettering Borough Council. This enables the shelf life of the search to be extended by keeping the search valid for longer.
The following terms and conditions apply
- This offer applies to full Kettering Borough Council Local Authority Searches only.
- The search must be returned to us within six months of the original search date, along with the Kettering Borough Council 'Refresher Voucher'
- The original search will be rechecked and returned to you along with any new additional information.
- This offer is limited to one refresher during the six month period, for each full search submitted to Kettering Borough Council.
Last updated 01/07/2016
Pages in Local Land Charges
- 1. SEARCHES DIRECT
- 2. SEARCHES DIRECT - Account Holders
- 3. Searches and the Search Team at Kettering
- 4. What Do We Do?
- 5. You are here: What does the Local Authority Search include?
- 6. Search Fees
- 7. Obtaining a Search and Contacting Us
- 8. Personal Searches
- 9. Useful contacts and links
- 10. Building Regulations Register
- 11. Frequently Asked Questions