However, please note that charges apply for some events and activities.
The Manor House Museum is freely accessible by wheelchair users. The
museum entrance is flat and a member of staff will be happy to assist
with the door. Once inside there is a lift to the displays on the first
Probably stands on the site of the 'noble hall' created in the days of
Abbot Walter de St Edmunds (1233-46), when Kettering was one of the most
valuable possessions of Peterborough Monastery.
In 1720 John
Bridges wrote 'Mr Sawyer's house, in which are old stone window frames,
was formerly the Abbot's House'. The present building, though restored,
has some seventeenth century features behind an eighteenth century