Application Forms, Guidance and Local Requirements
Lawful Development Certificates
Certificates - What is a Lawful Development Certificate?
These are a special type of application that seek to certify that a development is immune from enforcement action because it is lawful.
There are two types of application:
- one for development already carried out (existing) and
- one for proposed development.
Either type can relate to uses of land and buildings, or building works or other operations.
Certificate of Lawfulness of Proposed Works to a Listed Building
Further information is available under Listed Building Consents.
There is no equivalent provision to certify that works do not need other forms of consent eg Advertisement Consent
Proposed Use or Operation pack containing:
Existing Use or Operation or Actity Including Those in Breach of a Planning Condition pack containing:
Other Relevant Documents:
- Learn How to Apply
- Ordnance Survey Extract Form
- Planning Application Fees
- Planning Application Process
- Drawings to Accompany your Planning Application
Last updated 19/08/2016
Pages in Application Forms, Guidance and Local Requirements
- 1. Planning Application Forms
- 2. Local Planning Application Requirements
- 3. Householder Applications
- 4. Full Applications
- 5. Outline Applications
- 6. Approval of Reserved Matters
- 7. Condition Related Applications
- 8. Advertisement Consents
- 9. Conservation Area Consent NOW Relevant Demolition of Unlisted Building in a Conservation Area
- 10. Listed Building Consents
- 11. You are here: Lawful Development Certificates
- 12. Tree & Hedgerow Applications
- 13. Prior Notifications
- 14. Prior Approval of a Proposed Change of Use
- 15. Extension of Time Limit
- 16. Non-Material Amendment Following a Grant of Planning Permission