Hello, sign in to your account. New customer? Register here.


Please note, this website will be upgraded between 25th January and 6th February 2018. It will not be possible to make online payments or complete service request forms on this site during this time.

View further pages in...

Make an Application

Other Permissions

Other permissions may be required (this is not a comprehensive list).

Building Regulations
You need to apply for Building Regulation permission to carry out most building work, but there are some exceptions. To see advice on specific types of work please see our guidance section.

Listed building consent
If your development affects a listed building, you may need to make an Application for Listed Building Consent.  Further information on Listed Buildings.

Conservation area consent
If your development is in a conservation area, you may need to make an Application for Relevant Demolition in a Conservation Area.  Further information on Conservation Areas.

Application for works to trees
If your development affects a tree with a preservation order or a tree in a conservation area, you may need to make an Application for Works to Trees.  Further information on Trees.

Council Owned Properties
If you are living in a property which is currently or was previously owned by the Council, you need to check with Housing's Neighbourhood Management Team before you alter your property. There are two forms which can help you to do this, depending on the type of alterations you would like to do:

Property improvements / alterations

Installing driveways, hard standing, garage or car port 

It is up to you to ensure that you have ALL necessary permissions/consents before starting work.

Granting permission/consent does not give you the right to enter land or carry out works on land that you do not own.  You will still need to obtain the landowner's permission where necessary and any other civil consents ie covenants contained within your Deeds or Party Wall etc Act matters.  This is your responsibility.

Last updated: 11/05/2017

Get in touch with Kettering Borough Council

Email: customerservices@kettering.gov.uk. Telephone: 01536 410333.

Full contact details. Send us your feedback.