Application Forms, Guidance and Local Requirements
Extension of Time Limit
This form should be used to make an application for a new planning permission to replace an extant planning permission, where the applicant is seeking to extend the time limit for implementation. It should also be used where an extant listed building consent or conservation area consent is associated with the planning permission, and the applicant wishes to extend the time limit for implementation for that consent also.
If an application made on this form is granted, the result will be a new planning permission/consent with a new time limit or limits. The original permission will continue to exist whatever the outcome of this application.
It is not possible to use this procedure where the development has already commenced, where the permission or consent has already expired at the time of application, or where the permission/consent was granted after 1st October 2010. In those cases, a new application would have to be made. It is also not possible to use this procedure solely to extend the time limit for submission of reserved matters. Applicants would have to seek a replacement for the outline permission itself, which if successful would create new time limits for the submission of reserved matters and for subsequent implementation.
It is often helpful to discuss your proposal before you send in your application and to seek pre-application advice.
Fees were introduced on 26th February 2010.
Other relevant documents:
- Your Guide to Making a Planning Application
- Ordnance Survey Extract Form
- Planning Application Fees
- Planning Application Process
- Drawings to Accompany your Planning Application
Last updated 11/10/2012
Pages in Application Forms, Guidance and Local Requirements
- 1. Planning Application Forms
- 2. Local Planning Application Requirements
- 3. Householder Applications
- 4. Full Applications
- 5. Outline Applications
- 6. Approval of Reserved Matters
- 7. Condition Related Applications
- 8. Conservation, Heritage and Tree Applications
- 9. Advertisement Consents
- 10. Lawful Development Certificates
- 11. Prior Notifications
- 12. You are here: Extension of Time Limit
- 13. Non-Material Amendment Following a Grant of Planning Permission