What are real nappies?
- They are real because they are not made from plastic and do not contain chemicals
- Real nappies are usually made from cotton and are machine washable
- They can be used again and again, unlike disposable nappies
Using washable nappies can save you money:
- Disposable nappies cost between £5-£10 per week for approximately 2½ years - a total of approx £650 to £1300!
- A birth to potty set of real nappies typically costs £200 but can cost as little as £70
It's so easy:
- Most real nappies have velcro fastenings and some are shaped for your convenience
- There's no need for pins and folding
- You can also buy all-in-one nappies
- They're easy to wash - no need for boiling, you can wash them at 60 degrees
They look great!
- There are many trendy designs in many different fabrics to choose from
- And a choice of colours and patterns too!
Try before you buy! Investing in the right kind of real nappies is a big decision so why not 'try before you buy'. Our Nappy Loan kit is available to hire out free of charge for two weeks. The kit contains several different types and brands of nappies for parents to test out on their baby.
To borrow the kit contact email@example.com
Visit Northants County Councils website for more information.
Go Real - Real Nappy Information Service
Go real can provide you with information on different types of nappies as well as access to product reviews, blogs and forums. Tel: 0845 850 0606 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 23/12/2014