Hello, sign in to your account. New customer? Register here.

Open and Derelict Properties


An unused boarded up house

The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 empowers Local Authorities to deal with privately owned vacant buildings which are not secured against unauthorised entry or that are likely to become a danger to public health.

The Environmental Health Section has responsibility for ensuring that reported derelict and insecure buildings are secure and no public health threat is posed to people in the vicinity.

If you need to report an open or derelict property please complete our online form.

Where premises have been secured by Environmental Health, the costs of the works will be recharged to the owner of the premises, or registered as a formal land charge on the premises. Premises owners can pay invoices using the Council's Online Payment Facilities, by visiting the Customer Service Centre and paying at the Cashiers Desks, or by sending a cheque.

Last updated 29/09/2011

Get in touch with Kettering Borough Council

Email: customerservices@kettering.gov.uk. Telephone: 01536 410333.

Full contact details. Send us your feedback.