Council Tax Overview and Charges
About Council Tax
Most dwellings are subject to Council Tax. There is one bill per dwelling, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented.
You must tell us immediately if there is a change in your circumstances, or you are moving into or out of Kettering borough. Please complete one of our online forms or contact us in person.
What your Council Tax is spent onThe amount you pay in Council Tax is divided between the following:
- Northamptonshire County Council - 72%
- The Police and Crime Commissioner for Northamptonshire - 14%
- Kettering Borough Council - 14%
- Parish/Town Council
|Average Council Tax Bill||2013/14||2014/15|
| Northamptonshire County Council
| The Police and Crime Commissioner for Northamptonshire
| Kettering Borough Council
|Average Total Bill||£1,431.90||£1,458.09|
|*Please note: Band D is used as the national comparison, but Band B is the average for Kettering Borough|
For around £3 per week, the average Council Taxpayer in the borough has access to over 100 different services provided by Kettering Borough Council. These services include:
- Refuse and recycling
- Planning services
- Street cleaning
- Housing Benefit and Local Council
- Tax Support
- Parks and children’s play areas
- Environmental Health services
- Removal of graffiti and fly-tipping
- Playschemes, sports activities, health & wellbeing advice
- Leisure facilities & Leisure Pass
- Museums and cultural facilities
- Homelessness and housing options
For details on how the policing part of your Council Tax is spent please visit www.northantspcc.org.uk/counciltaxFor details on how Northamptonshire County Council spend your Council Tax contributions, please visit www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/counciltax
You can view the Council's budget for 2014/15 which details what the Council expects to receive and spend.
Pages in Council Tax Overview and Charges
- 1. You are here: About Council Tax
- 2. How much do I have to pay?