Renting Council Garages
The Council have secure lock up garages for rent across the borough which offer value for money, flexibility and freedom.
Location of Garages
- View the locations of all our council garages.
- Rent for Council tenants is currently £9.58 (exclusive of VAT) per week
- Rent for non-council tenants is currently £11.50 (inclusive of VAT) per week
Conditions of tenancy
- You must pay the rent
- If you don’t keep up garage rent payments we will write to you, and if you fail to pay we will repossess the garage. Payment may be made at designated Post Offices and AllPay outlets with a payment card. Payment may also be made by Direct Debit, online or over the telephone.
- Garages are intended for the storage of a motor vehicle only
- The garages are not sufficiently weather tight or secure for the storage of any other goods. If you do store other goods, it will be at your own risk. You must not store petrol or any other flammable or combustible material.
Garages are for personal use
- You cannot use the garage or forecourt in connection with a business, or cause nuisance or obstruction to other garage users or people living nearby. You must not sublet the garage to anyone else.
You are responsible for maintaining the garage
- You cannot alter the garage, and it is your own responsibility to repair or replace the lock if it is damaged whilst you are renting it. You must also notify us of any repairs as soon as possible.
The garage must be kept secure
- You must keep the garage door securely locked at all times other than for access purposes
How to applyYou can apply online or by requesting a paper application to return by post or hand in to the KBC offices.
Priority will be given to Blue Badge holders and current KBC housing tenants.