Paying Your Council House Rent
You can also pay using your swipe card, by cash or cheque at any Post Office.
It is a free, convenient and private service. The post office staff will not be able to see your rent account. The staff will also be unable to give you a rent balance; it is therefore important for you to keep track of your payments. You can contact the Customer Services Centre on 01536 410333 and request a rent balance.
Find out your nearest payment outlets
How do I find out how much rent I owe?
Last updated 24/08/2010
Pages in Paying Your Council House Rent
- 1. Payments
- 2. Direct Debit
- 3. Paying via PayPoint
- 4. You are here: Post Office
- 5. By telephone using a credit or debit card
- 6. Online payments
- 7. By Post
- 8. Standing Order
- 9. Through your wages
- 10. What happens if my rent card is lost or damaged?
- 11. How do I find out how much rent I owe?
- 12. What should I do if I miss a week's payment or I am struggling to meet my weekly payments?
- 13. What can I do if I have rent arrears?
- 14. How do I know how much rent I need to pay?
- 15. Can I get independent assistance if I go into arrears?
- 16. Service and other charges
- 17. When are the 'no collection' weeks?
- 18. Rent Setting