Paying Your Council House Rent
Once a Direct Debit is set up we will contact your bank each month to apply for the agreed amount. We currently have two dates available for tenants to choose when would like us to apply through the BACS system. They are the 15th and 28th of each month.
For details and an application form please contact the Council Response Team on 01536 410333.
You can also obtain an application form (mandate) by calling into the Council's Customer Services at the Municipal Offices.
Alternatively you can download a Direct Debit form for payments to be made from your bank or building society.
Last updated 20/08/2010
Pages in Paying Your Council House Rent
- 1. Payments
- 2. You are here: Direct Debit
- 3. Paying via PayPoint
- 4. Post Office
- 5. By telephone using a credit or debit card
- 6. Online payments
- 7. By Post
- 8. Standing Order
- 9. Through your wages
- 10. What happens if my rent card is lost or damaged?
- 11. How do I find out how much rent I owe?
- 12. What should I do if I miss a week's payment or I am struggling to meet my weekly payments?
- 13. What can I do if I have rent arrears?
- 14. How do I know how much rent I need to pay?
- 15. Can I get independent assistance if I go into arrears?
- 16. Service and other charges
- 17. When are the 'no collection' weeks?
- 18. Rent Setting