How Do I Vote?
Assistance at the Polling Station
Every polling station in the Borough has the following available:
- A device to enable blind or partially sighted voters to vote unaided
- At least one large-print version of the ballot paper displayed inside each station to assist partially-sighted voters
- The provision for a blind voter to be assisted by a companion has been extended to cover any voter with physical disabilities who is unable to vote without assistance or who is unable to read. The declaration may be made orally, or in writing.
- Many polling stations in the Borough have a ramp available for easy access to the building, or handrails
- All polling stations have been inspected and assessed for access capability and measures are put in place where there is a perceived need. However, we welcome any comments that will help us improve the experience for voters in terms of access. Please feel free to contact us.