Everything you need to know about Elections and Electoral Registration
The Borough Council is involved in the organisation of all elections that are required to be held, although the appropriate Returning Officer has a personal responsibility for each election.
What do Electoral Services do?
- Dealing with nominations of candidates
- Producing ballot papers
- Producing poll cards
- Booking premises to use as polling stations
- Recruitment and selection of staff to work at the polling stations or to count the votes
- The issue of postal votes and proxy poll cards
- Counting the votes
- The upkeep of statistics
- Organising the Register of Electors