Role of a Borough Councillor
Who can be a Candidate?
Anyone can stand as a Councillor if they meet the following conditions:
- 18 years of age or over
- Be a registered elector for the Borough
- Must live or work in the Borough
- Be the occupier of land or premises as tenant or owner in the Borough
- Must be a UK, Commonwealth or EU Citizen
- Must not have been declared bankrupt
For more information about standing as a candidate please contact the Electoral Services team.
Nomination papers will be available to download from this site nearer the time of the next elections which will be held on 5th May 2011.