Hello, sign in to your account. New customer? Register here.


Please note, this website will be upgraded between 25th January and 6th February 2018. It will not be possible to make online payments or complete service request forms on this site during this time.

Council services

Housing - adaptations of council property: Outline

If you have a disability your property could be adapted to make living in your home more comfortable.  Adaptations could include:

  • widening doors 
  • providing or improving access to rooms and facilities - for example, by installing a stair lift or providing a downstairs bathroom

If you are a Council tenant and would like further information about disabled adaptations contact our HomeMove Advisor Telephone: 01536 535643.

If appropriate we will arrange for an occupational therapist to look at your circumstances and recommend the type of adaptations needed.

If you are a owner occupier, private or housing association tenant and would like information on adaptations contact our Private Sector Housing team Telephone: 01536 535617.

Last updated 28/09/2011

Online Services

Not the service you were looking for? Search again

Or by A to Z