About the Crematorium
The crematorium in Kettering opened on the 24th of April 1940 with the first cremation taking place on the 7th May of the same year. Since then we have carried out over 120,000 cremations. We have extensive grounds on the site along with two chapels for services to be held in.
Albert Munn Chapel
Part of the original building and opened in 1940, the Albert Munn chapel retains may of its original features including art deco windows and rood screen. The Albert Munn Chapel is now the smaller of the two chapels at Kettering Crematorium and can seat up to 65 with room for standing. Service times start from 9:15 am with a 45 minute slot allocated for each booking, with the actual service lasting approx 30 minutes.
Edgar Newman Chapel
Re-opened in 2014 after extensive improvement works, the Edgar Newman Chapel is a modern, bright space. The Edgar Newman Chapel is the larger of the two chapels with seating for up to 137 as well as standing room. Service times start from 9:00 am with a 45 minute slot allocated for each booking, with the actual service lasting approx 30 minutes.
Traditional organs as well as modern multi-media facilities are available in both chapels provided by our partner Crematorium Music Limited. Both chapels also include live streaming in the foyers should the number of mourners attending a service exceed the chapel capacity.
A full list of the services available can be found at:-
Kettering Crematorium has two car parks on site, totalling 129 spaces including 8 disabled bays through the site.
Last updated: 19/05/2015